Sunday 4 August 2013

Lip Crayons Review


So, it's been a while since I've had time to blog about anything and I've been so super busy that I've also had no time to do any shopping! A nightmare for me but dream for my bank balance. 

Anyway, I'd recently heard about a new product from Bourjois Paris which is their take on a lip crayon, so I decided to treat myself and try it out. The plan was to review this lip crayon but as I went to take some snaps of it I thought I might as well include the others too.


Lip crayons are one of my favourite lip products to use as they are so quick and easy to use on the go. You don't need to use a lip brush and I even managed to apply it half decently on a moving bus without a mirror.

 

The two above were the first lip crayons I ever tried and instantly fell in love with them. They are both the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. As the extremely long name suggest it is a balm which means that it is very moisturising so I especially enjoyed this during summer as it provided the moisture hand in hand with a hint of colour. These two colours are '001 Honey Douce' (the top one) and '010 Darling Cherie' (the bottom one).


These two crayons are more glossy ones. The top one is Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick by Soap & Glory and is in the colour Fuchsia-Ristic. This is such a lovely coral colour but is very sheer so perfect for the slight hint of colour and gloss during the day. The bottom one is the inspiration for this blog and is Bourjois Paris Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in the colour '01 Red Sunrise'. This has great pigmentation and definitely lasts the longest out of all the crayons. It's also extremely glossy and leaves a great finish- I love it!!


The two Revlon ones I would say are more appropriate for a subtle look and give a nice "your lips but better" finish while the Bourjois one is definitely for a bolder look.


 Although I only have 4 of these types of products I feel I have a nice range of colours and textures. However, that really doesn't stop me wishing for some more and I fear for how wild I might go the next time I brave a Boots/Superdrug visit.

Anyone else tried any other brand of lip crayons?

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment